Thursday, December 29, 2016

Jon's Top Sixteen Films of 2016!

Finally! My top films of this terrible year that did away with so many of our talented celebrities! Suck it 2016! But you know what? We did have some pretty great films this year! So here they are!

Here are the Top Sixteen Films of 2016, according to me. No, I haven't seen every critically acclaimed film of this year. But I still maintain that watching a great number of films, as I do, is a must for me as a filmmaker. So, that's what I do. 

And my research wouldn't be complete without attending the Movie of the Month every month and watching additional films that inspire me and inform me on what good filmmaking looks like. Thank you to everyone who has participated in my film watching and filmmaking journey this year! Next year we have ever more film fun planned!

So without further delay, here's my Top 16 Films of 2016, along with films of merit!






1. Hacksaw Ridge






2. La La Land






3. Moana






4. Rogue One






5. Arrival






6. Captain America: Civil War






7. Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them






8. The Nice Guys






9. The Jungle Book






10. 10 Cloverfield Lane






11. Zootopia






12. Deadpool






13. Doctor Strange





14. Office Christmas Party






15. Finding Dory






16. Passengers






2016 Films of Merit
These films did well. But they didn't make the final cut.

Pete's Dragon, Deepwater Horizon, The Magnificent Seven, The Accountant, Midnight Special, Suicide Squad, The Neon Demon, The Girl on the Train, The BFG, Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children. 



Films I Still Haven't Seen From 2016, Darnit

I need to see these films. I want to see these films. Once I see these films it might change this list. But I still haven't seen these films yet.

Hell or High Water, Sing Street, Green Room, 
Kubo and the Two Strings, The Birth of a Nation, Manchester by the Sea, Nocturnal Animals, The Conjuring 2, Hunt for the Wilderpeople, Free State of Jones, Swiss Army Man, The Secret Life of Pets, Captain Fantastic, The Light Between Oceans, and American Honey.



Welp that's it 2016! Now it is time to make more films and watch more films in 2017! Have a happy, healthy New Year! And we will see you on the flipside!  :D

No comments: