Friday, January 1, 2016

Jon's Top Fifteen of 2015

Here the Top 15 Films of 2015, according to me. That said, I haven't seen every critically acclaimed film of this year. And despite my objections that I watch too many films, as a filmmaker I take exception to that accusation. I need to watch films... so I can make these lists for you people! LOL. Joking. 

My research wouldn't be complete without attending the Movie of the Month every month and watching additional films that inspire me and inform me on what good filmmaking looks like. Thank you to everyone who has participated in my film watching and filmmaking journey this year. Next year we have even MORE film fun planned!

So without further delay, here's my Top 15 Films of 2015, along with films of merit!


Jon's Top 15 Films of 2015
1. Mad Max: Fury Road



2. Inside Out



3. Beasts of No Nation



4. Star Wars The Force Awakens



5. The Martian



6. Ex Machina



7. Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2
8. The Hateful Eight
9. Sicario
10. It Follows
11. Ant-Man
12. Avengers: Age of Ultron
13. Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation
14. What We Do In The Shadows
15. The Man from U.N.C.L.E.

Films of great merit, but that didn't quite make my list this year:
Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials
Spy
Furious 7
The Visit
Crimson Peak
While We're Young
Spectre
Lost River
The Final Girls
A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night
Spring
Me & Earl & the Dying Girl
The Gift
Z for Zachariah
Jurassic World
The Good Dinosaur
Predestination
Cinderella
Buzzard

So. I saw these films and rated them from best, to great, to not as great. But here's plenty of great films I haven't seen yet from 2015. I have even been known to change my list after the fact after watching a few incredible films months after the year has ended. Here's a list of films I plan to watch. If there's any other films you might recommend I add to my list, or a film or two you wish I'd see right away, let me know in the comments or on my Facebook.

So, here's my List of... Movies I Really Need to Watch But Still Haven't Seen Yet (from 2015):

The Revenant, Creed, Amomalisa, Black Mass, Room, The Peanuts Movie, Brooklyn, Amy, Love & Mercy, Clouds of Sils Maria, Bone Tomahawk, Dope, Steve Jobs, Everest, Spotlight, Carol, Macbeth, Joy, Bridge of Spies, Trumbo, Mistress America, The Walk, Infinitely Polar Bear, Pawn Sacrifice, Chi-raq, Straight Outta Compton, The Big Short, Shaun the Sheep, Paddington, Red Army, The End of the Tour, Trainwreck, By the Sea. 

These are probably films you should see as well. There's a ton of remaining films from 2015 that I want to see, but I haven't been able to. And obviously, there were lots of films I saw but I just didn't like. That's just how these things go. 

I can't wait to get into 2016 films and finish up my watching from 2015 films. And very soon I will deliver a list of my most Anticipated Films of 2016!


No comments: