Friday, June 3, 2011

Development (Update 3)

Here is another update on the films slated to be shot in the future. Please refer to the last update to see the context here.  So, here is the current state of my brainstorming progress...

Short Subjects
"Death Do Us Part" -- Post-Production -- Jun 2011
"Untitled Short written by Rebecca Croft" -- Writing -- Jun 2011
"Lunch Date" aka "Wendigo" -- In Development -- Nov 2011
"The Fire" -- Writing -- Jan 2012

Features
"Bad Day" -- Writing -- Oct 2011
"Punishment" -- Planned -- Jun 2012
"Redshift" -- Planned -- Feb 2013

Instead of just saying "In Development" I thought I would be more specific about the kind of work we are doing (or not doing) on each project.  So,  either we have "planned" to start working on or developing the project, we are actively "writing", we are "in development" (which is like re-writing and gathering resources), we are in "pre-production" (meaning it has been green-lighted so we are planning the shooting), we are "filming" (production), or we are in "post-production" (editing, vfx, sound design, music composition, ADR, coloring, rendering, etc).


The Shorts
My wife is now writing another short which makes me really excited- especially because it is a period fantasy piece!!  I have to say, knowing my wife and the quality of her ideas- I pretty much slated this short immediately upon hearing her plans.  The title is not determined yet, but it should be a really fun, lighthearted piece.  "Death Do Us Part" was different in the sense that it was also lots of fun but a bit more serious.  "Lunch Date" has morphed a bit into a classic horror story with a monster and some modern moodiness.  "The Fire" is being taken from my own rambling, eclectic, dystopian ideas to create a dark American society in the future.   "The Fire" has suspended in it- ideas for a feature film about a similar dark dystopian American society, except with hyped up futuristic motorcycle gangs!!!  YAYY!  Who couldn't get excited about that?  I also have a similar dystopian story planned for a different feature with a detective in a dark American future city and a sort of sci-fi noir atmosphere aspect to it.  If you know what my favorite film is, you will know where I'm coming from here... its kind of a no brainer!  These shorts are supposed to prepare me for these feature ideas to be really great when I execute them so, I suppose we will see about that.


The Features
"Bad Day" seems to me now a better first feature to start with than "Punishment", even though it is not a horror like Punishment but also it is not as much of a high concept art film.  It is a simple story about bad things happening to normal people in a normal small American suburban setting.  "Transmission" has not gone away- it is the same story but the title has been changed to "Redshift".  Also, I will need considerable funding to make the dystopian American biker movie set in the near future (which we can call "Timeline" as a working title), so I have not slated it here yet because I have no idea when I could expect that sort of funding.


If any of these projects sound like things you would like to get involved in or are excited about, let me know and show your support!  Thanks so much for all of the help we've received so far with "Death Do Us Part"!!  There is more to come and we plan on getting bigger and better with every offering!!  Ciao people!

No comments: