Friday, May 16, 2008

"Electric Picasso" Update

Hello folks!

I am & have been an Assistant Producer for "The Electric Picasso" production by CandiMark Productions now, for the past month and a half or so. We are going to be mentored during production by four professionals from the Pinellas Filmmakers Society meeting in St. Petersburg. They will, also, be generously donating use of much of the equipment (especially for production phase). As this will make our movie of much higher quality I am so very grateful for this gift by the PFS.

This has been a really exciting project! I am loving everyone on the team & we are really forming a great production team in my view (which can do other projects in the future). I have been helping the Producers a lot, hopefully, and now we are into the location scouting and filling all crew positions phase.

I can't really talk about the story "The Electric Picasso" simply because I am not very good at the "pitch" just yet, but I can say some technical details. This is probably going to be a 12-15 min. comedy movie on color Panasonic DVC Pro. We have most of our primary crew positions filled. We, of course, still need to do the ultra-important casting for most of the parts.

Our Producer, Mark Keim, is so awesome. Our Director, Lisa Inserra, is also so awesome it makes you want to scream. The DP, Connie Pearson, I am really taking a liking to and for this reason I have personal hopes to work with her in the future. There are also others I wont mention just yet, but let me tell you... so far we are a great team.

We have these positions open still: 1st AD, 2nd AD, possibly a PM, PC, PA's, Gaffer, Key Grip, Best Boy- Electric, possibly a Location Manager, and a Marketing/Ad Guru or Publicist (depending).

So, for now I am really psyched! I have been generating some reports & having meetings (which I love), and I have really been learning a lot.

If you have any questions... please ask!

No comments: